Sunday, July 11, 2010

Another Haircut!

My son had been walking around looking like a porcupine for some time.
Any request to get his hair cut would go like this....

Me: Can I cut your hair?
Him: No.
Me: Aren't you hot?
Him: No.
Me: Can I cut your hair tomorrow?
Him: I don't want my hair cut.

And most parents are just like "Well, if my kid needs his hair cut then I just take him whether he likes it or not."

Not this kid.
I have vivid horrible memories of him sitting in the barber chair screaming bloody murder while the poor girl was trying to get close to him with the scissors. She didn't even finish and I tipped her $20 and carried a kid with half-cut hair out of the salon.
One time I was buzzing his head and he didn't want me to, so he kept jerking around and I nicked him with the clippers. He reminds me of the time that I cut off his ear. "remember that time you cut my ear, Mommy?" and he looks at me with those big brown eyes and I feel guilty...

Well, with a little persistence and some HOT weather, I managed to convince him to let me use the clippers on him. I promised him some spiky hair too:




The photo taking was almost as difficult as convincing him to get the hair cut! I said show me some teeth, and that is what I got. He is actually saying "Did you get it yet?" through his teeth. Yikes!
And yes - he will be 8 years old in 5 weeks and still has every single one of his baby teeth. His friends are losing them left and right. The tooth fairy better have something good!

This weekend has been fantastic! Softball started up today and even though it is apparent that I am a little rusty, I am looking forward to 5 days of softball every week to spend with my family...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Something fun for the whole family is the CHN Expo! It takes place in Ontario, Ca and is 3 days of fun for parents, kids, and grandparents! My kids are looking forward to it for sure!
Nancarrow Photography will be there taking student portraits, and doing family sessions. We are booking appointments on Friday and Saturday, and then photographing the graduation on Sunday.

The Baby Contest is still accepting entries! As of right now, it looks like an all-BOY affair! C'mon, let's get those baby girls all signed up!!!

No comments: