Saturday, July 30, 2011

Summer Storm....



I love the rain from a summer storm. I can do without the thunder, though!

Today I was out at the park practicing with my teammates. We could hear the thunder in the distance...a few lightning strikes far away. Then it started to get closer. And the rain began to fall lightly. I was walking in from the outfield to pick up some balls and I saw a huge strike of lightning come down! And seconds later the CRACK AND ROAR of the thunder. Everyone else started walking in and then the rain began to come down in buckets. We were all scrambling to protect gloves, shoes, etc. and took refuge under the edge of the bathrooms. The park workers had their shed open and offered us shelter. How nice!

Later on in the day, it was safe to go out and I snapped this picture. I love how the clouds looked and the colors in the sky. Home is so beautiful!

August is only two days away... my husband kicks it off with his birthday, and for the next five months we have birthday season. Can't wait!

No comments: