Monday, December 7, 2009

MY family!

Its not often I post pictures of my family on the blog...
you would get tired of them, because I take a LOT of pictures of them in just everyday life, practicing my skills, etc.

For many years, I wanted a family photo of the 5 of us. I had a few of the 3 of us, and one of the 4 of us...if you want to get technical it was the 5 of us, but my son was still inside me, hidden :)

Two years ago we went to Florida and stayed at WDW. It was going to be the best family photo. Our family on a sandy white beach, with the Magic Kingdom in the background. I had clothes packed, the camera cards were clear, the camera and a few favorite lenses as well.
But not the camera battery. It was awful, and there was no way to get a new battery to me in time that was reasonably priced.

Every year I mention to someone how much I want a family photo. In fact, after I photographed a family today I mentioned to the mother how much I would like to have one and it never gets done.

So imagine my surprise when my husband said today - "we need a family photo, let's do one now."

As in RIGHT NOW. My son is in dire need of a haircut, the girls really should have had their hair washed and styled properly, and I would have liked some makeup or something too. But he said RIGHT NOW, and if he is willing, I am NOT going to pass it up!
Everything was already set up from the day's shoots, so I hung a white drop and we got busy.

Its not perfect, but when you are trying to stay calm and run back and forth between the timer on the camera, you tend to forget the little things that you normal pay attention to.

So here it is, I am so happy....

I promised myself I wouldnt nit-pick, just enjoy it for what it is.

Lately my pictures that I post are very grainy and blah. I dont know if its something I am doing, or if its Blogger. But its bothering me. Hopefully it doesnt continue :(

No comments: